Like the dogs and other animals or not, it is possible that there are places you do not want them to enter. Those places can be somewhere like food storage, gardens, vaults, etc. It might be a food production place or a science lab. It’s hard for me to guess the exact place. However, it is certain that people need dog repellents.
Commonly used, we call them dog repellents. Actually, they repel many types of animals. It won’t kill or neutralize them. They can freely and actively go anywhere but your place. Therefore, people use repellents to keep them away in a friendly way.
There are several types of dog repellents. Similar to the cat repellents we reviewed, these can be something concrete substances. Yet we’re not talking about those this time. I mean, we’re now talking about sonic waves.
Ultrasonic dog repellents are not sprays or water or small balls. An ultrasonic dog repellent is a type of gadget. Some call them electronic repellents, too. This can be very useful thanks to its mechanism. Because it is not a type of any harmful material, animal-friendly people will also love it. Wherever you do not want dogs in, you need it. It won’t harm any pugs, won’t cause offense. We worked hard and brought the best dog repellents together for you to see their essential reviews.
Top Selling Ultrasonic Dog Repellents
|Wikomo Ultrasonic Animal Repeller||8.2|
|ZOVENCHI Ultrasonic Animal Repeller||8.6|
|GARDEN SECRETS Mini Solar ULTRASONIC ANIMAL REPELLENT||9.2|
DOPA Dog Repellent
- This is an effective dog and cat repellent for garden owners. It’s also one of the best sellers so it will probably work for you too.
- It’s safe and eco-friendly. The product doesn’t contain any harmful materials at all.
- It has a passive infrared sensor which detects motion and acts accordingly.
- If you are living in a sunny area this one will work great for you because it works with solar power.
- It can work in almost any weather and condition. You can use it year round.
- It comes with a spike so you can easily install it on the ground.
- The price is really great, you can get this one if you are looking for a basic ultrasonic animal repeller!
Wikomo Ultrasonic Animal Repeller
- It can work with solar power and USB charging which is great if you are living in a cloudy area. There is no need of sun when you can charge it with a USB. It requires 3 AA batteries to operate and they are also included in the package.
- It’s triggered by motion and it works really well. It will emit 120db alarm sounds when there is an animal nearby.
- It also uses flashes to keep animals away which is really efficient during the night.
- The product is really simple to install. The size is really great if you lack space. It’s not that big.
- 6 months money back guarantee. 1-year free replacement policy.
- IP44 waterproof design. It’s made of solid hard plastic which makes it really durable. You can get this one if you are looking for a durable and cheap animal repeller.
Royalsell Dog Repellent
- One of the cheapest dog repellents in the market.
- It does a basic job which is really great if you are looking for a simple product.
- The price is on the low end.
- Safe and eco-friendly. It doesn’t contain any harmful materials for human’s health.
- Powered by solar energy.
- Some of the customers don’t like the product and it has a low rating.
- If you are looking something cheap as a quick solution you might buy this one but I do not suggest this one!
YUCHEL Dog Repellent Ultrasonic
- One of the cheapest dog repellents in the market right now.
- This one is a little bit better than the one above. If you compare prices this one is expensive than the other one.
- It works pretty well in bad weather conditions. The price is really great for the quality.
- It has a back slot which can be hung on the wall. You can also use the spike to mount it on the ground!
- It’s solar powered which is going to save you some energy.
- Customers are not satisfied with the product, buy it at your own risk!
PIGWO Animal Repellent Ultrasonic
- One of the highest quality animal repellents in the market.
- Customers are somewhat satisfied with the product.
- The price is a little bit expensive than others. However, this repellent definitely have the quality you are looking for!
- You have to place the repellent towards to area you want to protect. It’s extremely easy to use!
- It can cover up to 2.452 square feet with ease!
- The solar panel is waterproof. The whole design is so perfect it can work in bad weather conditions with ease!
- It can also be charged by USB cable which is great if your area is constantly covered by clouds.
- You can set the appropriate frequency to specific animals which is a cool function.
- If you are looking for a high-quality dog repellent you can get this one!
ZOVENCHI Ultrasonic Animal Repeller
- It will keep away animals with ease. The material quality is really great compared to cheap ones in the market.
- It’s solar powered which makes it great for energy saving.
- The motion sensor works really great, you don’t have to worry about it.
- It emits ultrasonic waves and red light which will keep away the animals!
- You can easily insert it into the ground. The installation is so easy.
- Weather resistant.
- The price is really good for this kind of quality!
- Most of the customers are extremely satisfied with the product!
GARDEN SECRETS Mini Solar ULTRASONIC ANIMAL REPELLENT
- This might be the best animal repellent in the market right now.
- It works really great for almost anyone.
- The material quality is top notch. It has a metal spike which is not common for this kind of product.
- It’s one hundred percent quiet. The animals will hear the low-frequency voices. It doesn’t contain anything harmful to human health.
- It has special modes for people who have insensitive hearings which is great. You can pick between three operating modes. All of them have different functions. Make sure you read the manual before you use the product.
- It works great even on low sun days which is great. You might even get full benefits even if you are living in a cloudy area.
- It has a 1-year full warranty which is great.
Repellents – High Functioning Scarecrows
We commonly call them dog repellents may be just because people need them because of dogs but they are, in other words, animal repellents including rats, crows, cats, and even tigers and lions. Of course, our civilized world won’t require individual precautions to avoid wild animals (excluding psychopath neighbors teaching their pets to be wild or trying to domesticate wild animals as pets).
How they repel
Electronic or sonic repellents give high-freq signals around to keep animals off. People do not hear these because those waves cannot be detected by us. Dogs and most animals have better hearing sense. They’ll be hearing unpleasant sounds and run away.
They affect a wide range remarkably. Other types of repellents can use scents to keep animal away from a small certain place or a thing.
Protect animals, protect the planet!
Repellents can be used for the favor of mankind. Quite similarly, there are people using them for the favor of animals. My friends once found a dead cat inside their car engine. That poor cat had found a warm place in winter to hide and it was a disaster for both of them, my friend and the cat. They started using animal repellents not to kill them by mistake.
Repellents help you protect animals. Power distribution units and similar places should include things to repel animals. Today, most of the important places are covered with electrical fences. They aim to keep burglars and animals away. Eventually, animals die, burglars don’t. The better solution could be using animal repellents for one side of the problem. The laws and order could still keep working as human repellents for the other side. I hope governments and municipalities will use them in critical places in cities to protect innocent animals some day.
Other functions of repellents
Repellents help you keep away the animals around the important places. They basically use sound waves or scents for that purpose. Another notable function of them is to teach animals. For example, once your neighbors’ pet tried enjoying some time within your range, they will learn it as an unpleasing experience. Next time, even when your device plugged off, those educated guests won’t try it again.
Some people use some types of repellers to train their cats or dogs. If it is really hard to finish the potty training, they could be used.
We hear news about dog attacks. Runners and bikers have suffered. Repellents can also function for their safety.
To Repel Ethically
Many of us know or have heard about the scarecrows. No one can offend a farmer just because they use scarecrows. It’s quite similar in repellents case. Many people forget about the point that classical conditioning brought to us by famous Pavlov. Animals are animals and their brain makes them search for food and fun. Their instincts are forcing them to explore. They won’t understand if we tell them not to get in our important spaces or not to eat our products before they grow up. Suppose that you educated a crow and they won’t eat your corns anymore. Can you apply the same education to the thousands of them?
There are two main ways to keep a living thing away. Keeping them away with the rewards might sound very lovely but it is impossible. Who can keep everywhere rewarding except her/his garden? The second way is punishment. Organisms meant to survive and won’t step into unpleasing areas. People used to kill animals or each other with poisons or physical force. Fifty years ago, it was very normal to see poisoned animals just because they violated the borders of a garden. Fortunately, there are only a few violent examples are left in the modern world.
Some people still feel like they have time to run after animals and shout. Yes, it is a way how they repel. Because it is principally the same mechanism with repellents. The difference is using your own body instead of a gadget. They really look very unfriendly.
After all, I recommend you use electronic animal repellents for gardens and for other required places.