The durability of the chainsaw is really important. You have to protect the teeth of it so it won’t get dull. All of the cutting tools are really important. Edges lose their effectiveness as you use the chainsaw. You have to keep edges sharp in order to use the tool effectively. As you use the tool it loses a little bit of sharpness each time. The tool will lose its effectiveness so it won’t cut through the logs as it used to. You have to keep it sharp if you want to have an easy experience. You will find the best chainsaw sharpening kits in the market in this article. Make sure you read it till the end so you can learn about everything in regards to chainsaw sharpening kits.
Top 7 Chainsaw Sharpening Kits in 2019
Cataumet Chainsaw Sharpener File Kit
- There are all kind of tools you need for sharpening a chainsaw is included in this file kit.
- The Cataumet chainsaw sharpener file kit is made of high-quality steel. It’s extremely durable and suitable for long term usage.
- The felling wedges are made from high-quality ABS plastic which is resistant to impacts.
- The bag is great if you are constantly carrying around your sharpening kit. It’s really easy to carry around. It has 6 different exterior storage sleeve pockets.
- This kit includes all of the premium tools for professional or hobbyists out there.
- If you are looking for a good set at a reasonable price you can get this one.
Includes 6 round files (2) 5/32”- 4.0mm, (2) 3/16”- 4.8mm, (2) 7/32”- 5.5mm, 6 double handle file guides, (1) 6” IN flat file, (1) depth gauge .025” IN – .63MM, (2) 5.5” IN felling wedges, (1) heavy-duty stump vice, (1) 13mm – 19mm chainsaw wrench / screwdriver, (1) bar dressing guide with file, (1) groove cleaner, (1) quick gauge card (1) field bag with carrying handles.
Katzco 8 Piece Chainsaw Sharpener File Kit
- It comes with every field tool you need from a chainsaw sharpening kit.
- The roll-up tool pouch is really great for portability. You can bring it to any place you like.
- The set has all kinds of files which are suitable for different needs. The round files come in the sizes of: 5/32”, 3/16”, and 7/32”.
- The wooden handle part is really suitable for most hands. It will provide a firm grip.
- You can really work faster with the help of better grip.
- If you need a cheap chainsaw sharpening kit you can get this set. It has all the basic things you require from a chainsaw sharpening kit!
Drixet Chainsaw Sharpening & Filing Kit
- The set comes with three different round files. The travel case is really great for short usages. You can bring the whole package with you easily.
- SPECS: 3 Round Files Sizes: 5/32”-4.0mm with a 3/8” LP Pitch 3/16”-4.8mm with a .325” Pitch 7/32”-5.5mm with a 3/8” Pitch – 3/8” Hardwood handle – 6” Flat File – Durable Pouch 10.5” x 7”.
- The product is made of high-quality steel which is really durable. It will last longer than your average sharpening kits.
- The wood handle has a nice stained finish which looks really cool.
- The price of the product is great compared to its peers.
- I can suggest this one if you are looking for a cheap chainsaw sharpening and filing kit.
Mizoova 10 Piece Chainsaw Sharpener File Kit
- 10 piece chainsaw sharpening kit has all the tools you need.
- It comes with 5/32, 3/16, 7/32 Round Files and 6-inch flat file.
- You can easily sharpen up your chainsaw within minutes.
- Customers are extremely satisfied with the product!
- Measurements (inches): Rolled Up – 11.02 (l) x 3.15 (w) x 1.18 (h); Rolled Out – 11.02 (l) x 7.09 (w)
Podoy Chainsaw Sharpener File Kit
- The finished wood handle is quality. It allows for a nicer grip.
- Set of 8 in one pack: 1 Pcs 3/8” Hardwood stain & finish handle, 1 Pcs 6” Flat fine tooth file, 1 Pcs Filing guide, 1 Pcs Tool Pouch, 1 Pcs Depth-gauge tool, and three round fine tooth files in the following sizes: 5/32”, 3/16”, and 7/32”
- The hardwood handle can be attached to any file.
- The depth gauge tool is also can be used with any chainsaw.
- It’s a cheap product with high-quality files. If you are short on the budget you can prefer this one!
STIHL 5605 007 1027 Complete Saw Chain Filing Kit
- The price is a little bit higher than other filing kits!
- The set is complete. It has 1/4 inch and 3/8 inch files suitable for Stihl chainsaws.
- If you have a Stihl chainsaw I definitely suggest this set since it’s specially designed for them.
- The tool pouch is really useful if you are constantly carrying your stuff around.
UNIDRIFT Chainsaw Sharpener File Kit
- The set contains nine different pieces which are designed for special uses.
- It has all the tools you need in a sharpener file kit.
- 3 Round files 3/16″, 7/32″ & 5/32″.
- The fling guide is really easy to use. You can easily carry your stuff around.
- The material quality is best amongst all of the sharpener file kits in this article. You are definitely going to love the product.
- The price is really great for the quality.
- I definitely suggest this one if you are looking for a price-performance product!
Picking the Right Chainsaw Sharpener Kit
Dull chainsaws can be really dangerous for you especially if you are a beginner. Using this kind of tools requires extreme attention so you have to be prepared all of the time. Cutting through trees is a hard task and you can possibly injure yourself if your chainsaw is not fully prepared. The injuries can get pretty nasty and life-threatening. If you want to do it in a safe environment you should sharpen up your chainsaw as much as possible.
You can easily extend the lifespan of your chainsaw if you take care of it. Because the saw can easily pierce through the wood if you take good care of it. It lessens up the pressure on the engine so it will last longer. You have to increase the lifespan of the chainsaw if you want to save some money in the long run. You should always keep it good shape and sharpen the teeth of the chainsaw.
There are a variety of things you can do to sharpen up the chainsaw’s teeth. You can do it by hand using a file. It’s really easy to do. You just have to use it like you are sharpening up a knife. If you are not using the chainsaw constantly you can get a decent hand file at any online store. You have to improve your sharpening skills so you will have decent teeth. You are going to spend some time while your learning how to do it correctly so be prepared.
You can sharpen a chainsaw’s teeth by hand using a file, just as you would sharpen a knife. But there are a lot of teeth on a chainsaw blade, so it’s a pretty tedious thing to do. But if you don’t use the chainsaw that much, it might be all you need to do. You can buy a hand file at any decent hardware store. It takes a bit of skill to sharpen each tooth to the correct angle, so be prepared to spend some time learning how to do it correctly.
If you are using your chainsaw regularly you should start investing in a chainsaw sharpening kit. They are easy to use and it will quickly sharpen up the teeth! Sometimes, it comes with an electric grinder which is really useful. You have to position each tooth properly in order to acquire maximum benefit. It’s still easy to use but it takes some time to get hang of it. There are also online guides which teach you how to use chainsaw sharpening kits. If you don’t have any clue what you are doing you can watch these guides.